Oracle on Windows Server Vs Xp-Pro

From: Newton Bolton <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:43:41 -0600

I have always run Oracle on workstation class machines and never ad any problem wint NT-4 , Win2k or XP-pro.

However, I am setting up a machine that will carry a little bit heavier load, about eight simultaneous users.

Does anyone know if using the Windows Server OS instead of XP-Pro will offer any performance advantages?

I don't plan to use ANY Microsoft products such as IIS or Exchange.

This will be a pure Oracle database server.

Thanks in advance-     Received on Mon Dec 20 2004 - 20:43:41 CST