Re: Oracle base

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2004 12:58:17 -0800

>But that begs the question (and I think this is what David was getting
>at) of why create a db-specific directory, regardless of what you name
>it, within ORACLE_HOME in the first place?

Perhaps to have a place to put db-specific scripts? $ORACLE_HOME/your_script_here seems a little more straightforward than some random local environment variable based on /u01/app/oracle/admin/db_name1/... (but not as straightforward as the way I always have done it, create a scripts dir under $ORACLE_HOME).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Now, for all you people who talk about Perl being difficult to read,