Re: How to determine size used by an Instance...

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:04:24 -0600

On 20 Dec 2004 11:41:24 -0800, "HARI OM" <hari_om_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1L
>I have 2 instances running on this Box.
>How do I determine how much memory and hard-disk space is being used by
>each instance? What is the best method or guesstimate?
>Any related informaiton on this is appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>HARI OM
By 'hard-disk space being used', do you mean how much space is actually occupied by data, or how much space has been carved out for tablespaces? Imagine a 10gb tablespace that has had nothing created in it. After you have decided on your definition of 'disk space used', take a look at dba_data_files and/or dba_segments.

As for memory, try a 'show sga'; That's for the db instance itself. It won't account for any memory allocated for PGA. Thanks.

Cohn's Law: The more time you spend in reporting on what you are doing, the less time you have to do anything. Stability is achieved when you spend all your time doing nothing but reporting on the nothing you are doing. Received on Mon Dec 20 2004 - 14:04:24 CST