"closing" never ends in v$managed_standby...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:40:06 +0100

Hi!
I've set up a data guard configuration (9.2.0.4, linux LogXptMode='ASYNC').

Now, on the standby db the archived logs pile up, get applied but of course, at some time I've got to delete them (rman runs on primary).

So I thought, I do a select min(sequence#) from v$managed_standby where process='ARCH' and sequence#>0 and delete every archived log that has a smaller sequence number than that.

Now, what I found out that, if there's not much activity, one of the two archs keeps closing a rather old log, even if a couple of hundred others have already been archived by the other ARCH.

Is this a bug?
Is there a better way to clean up the standby db?

Lots of Greetings and thanks!
Volker Received on Mon Dec 20 2004 - 12:40:06 CST