imp: limit on number of tables?

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:31:21 -0500

Oracle 9.2.0.05 running on Solaris

Is there a limit on the number of tables you can specify in an import parameter file? If so I haven't found it in the 9i documentation.

I have a list of 598 tables that I need to reload from an import file (all the tables for one Peoplesoft tablespace). I can't use wild cards as they would probably match other tables in the export file. I constructed a parameter file by spooling the table names and editing it. When I run the import it just hangs. The import session is waiting indefinitely on "sqlnet message from client" so it's doing nothing. The parameter file is below. The only output I ever see is

"Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production

Export file created by EXPORT:V09.02.00 via direct path import done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set import server uses WE8ISO8859P15 character set (possible charset conversion) export client uses WE8ISO8859P15 character set (possible charset conversion)"

Here's what the import.par file looks like...

userid=/
file=/oramisc/backup/NSFSDEV/full_exportNSFSDEV121904_05:30.dmp fromuser=sysadm

touser=sysadm
buffer=1048576
commit=y
tables=(