Error: ORA-03113 end-of-file communication channel

From: Roop <rupinder99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:59:08 -0500

Hello

          We have recently changed the clients to the new domain but the server which contains the database resides on the old domain. When we transfer the clients to the new domain we have changed the Sqlnet.ora file's parameter SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=NONE from NTS.

  1. The clients on the new domain are able to connect to the database but sometimes the client gets ORA-03113: end-of-file communication channel while trying to establish the connection to the database for the first time. Then I have turned on the tracing on client side and discovered in the trace file that the connection string changes the Protocol = BEQ instead of Protocol=TCP and also the HOST=Client_name instead of HOST=Server_name?
  2. If the client tries after few minutes they are able to connect to the database successfully and the PROTOCOL=TCP and HOST=Server_name.
  3. Some clients which are still on the old domain are using Sqlnet.ora file's parameter SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=NTS and they are not having any problem at all.

Thanking you in advance Received on Thu Dec 16 2004 - 19:59:08 CST