Re: Hooray. Now: can we move on?

From: Joe Fischer <jfischer_at___fischerhome__.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:58:41 GMT

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:01:21 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:

>hpuxrac wrote:
>> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>>
>>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4092059.stm
>>

>> Not bad news for oracle professionals.
>> Peoplesoft customers? I guess time will tell.
>>

>I suppose I will be truly happy only when they kill off Peoplesoft
>products altogether (58 indexes per table, anyone??!).
>
>I just hope all those promises to keep Peoplesoft in development were
>just so much hot air.
>
>Regards
>HJR
I don't know if anybody else has read "Everyone Else Must Fail : The Unvarnished Truth About Oracle and Larry Ellison" by Karen Southwick. I guess you can believe this stuff about as far as you can throw it, but the book says that Ellison's approach to competition is to gobble them up to eliminate them. He has no interest in their technology - PeopleSoft customers will be strong-armed into Oracle 11.

Bad news for PeopleSoft's employees.

Remove underscores from e-mail address. Received on Wed Dec 15 2004 - 17:58:41 CST