Re: Is there anyway to work on the connection object

From: arzhan laster via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:02:49 GMT

okay looks like I need to detail a bit.

I'm running multiple queries from the SQL prompt and I want to calculate the 'time', 'CPU' usage etc each query takes. I have TOAD and PL/SQL developer installed. I had been using the script manager in the PL/SQL developer to run the query files. But I'm unable to log the query timing.

My question is when you connect to the DB instance from SQL prompt is there a way to get an handle to this SQL connection? We can get an handle from programming languages.

****Is there any way (thr' a utility/tool etc) that I can see what are the transactions that has hapenned in the database on a particular connection, be it thr' TOAD or PL/SQL or thr' SQL window

**** How can I find out the time that a query takes to execute?

PL/SQL Version 5.1.3.704
TOAD 7.2