Re: why need to backup undo tablespace?

From: Denis Do <nospam.denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:17:05 GMT

On 2004-12-14, Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com> wrote:
> 9) In a manner, I disagree with Denis on the 2 stages of recovery, I believe
> there are 3 and he missed out the crucial first step, *restore*

... and, obviusly, RESTORE and RECOVER are *different* operations :-). So, *recover* consists of 2 steps: - rolling forward
- rolling uncommited changes back

I hope now you agree, if not - please have a look at Recovery Guide for term's definitions.

Have a great day! Received on Tue Dec 14 2004 - 17:17:05 CST