Re: PB invoking WebReports from WebForms

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2004 09:08:30 -0800

Paolo Treves via OracleMonster.com wrote:

> I reinstalled my Forms/Reports Services 10g on my Linux Red Hat
Enterprise 3 (ES) box. I can run my WebReports stand alone from the Reports Services Demo through the Web.

> However, when I try to invoke my WebReport from WebForm, I generate a
correct Web Paper Parameter Form, but when I press the "Submit Query" button, I get a error:

> REP-51018: Need Database User Authentication
>
> Entering correct username/password/database info + pressing the
"Submit" button, I get the following error:

> "Page Cannot be displayed --
> Cannot Find Server or DNS Error --
> Internet Explorer"
>
> 1) Should I specify a server name under the otherparams field in the
formsweb.cfg file ?
> 2) How can I resolve this issue ?
>
> PT
>
> PS: I can invoke the WebReports through WebForms correctly on Oracle
> 9i iDS. However I get the same REP-51018 followed by REP-50004
errors.

I don't know if Metalink Note:279938.1 helps. It basically says you need to add SYNCHRONIZE right above your WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT.

(Off-topic: I don't know if this newsgroup is only for Oracle RDBMS server or can support other servers by Oracle.) Yong Huang
yong321 at yahoo.com Received on Tue Dec 14 2004 - 11:08:30 CST