Re: ORA-12541 NO LISTENER PROCESS

From: NumbNuts <nummy_at_nuts.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:56:53 GMT

ing_ora wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I did install toad version 6.3.11.1 on my cpmputer.But the toad cannot
> make connection to the database, the message error appears ORA-12541 NO
> LISTENER PROCESS . i have oracle 8i on my pc.
>
> Even if i want to log in with sql plus i get the same error ORA-12541
> NO LISTENER PROCESS .
>
> Does you know what might be the reason en how i can solve it ? i
> appreciate your help.
>
> thank you

The following explanation from the online error messages manual )at tahiti.oracle.com) might be useful

TNS-12541 TNS:no listener

     Cause: The connection request could not be completed because the listener is not running.

     Action: Ensure that the supplied destination address matches one of the addresses used by the listener. Compare the TNSNAMES.ORA entry with the appropriate LISTENER.ORA file (or TNSNAV.ORA if the connection is to go by way of an Interchange). Start the listener on the remote machine.

If THAT doen't help, you might starts looking through the Oracle Concepts manual to understand how Oracle clients like toad communicate with the database. Received on Tue Dec 14 2004 - 09:56:53 CST