Re: comp.soft-sys.business.sap - MVI RESULT

From: NAN Team <moderators-request_at_isc.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:15:50 GMT

the guts to oppose the totalitarian tendencies that

   emerge, but they generally lose, because the power-hungry types are    better organized, are more ruthless and Machiavellian and have taken    care to build themselves a strong power base.

   225. These phenomena appeared clearly in Russia and other countries    that were taken over by leftists. Similarly, before the breakdown of    communism in the USSR, leftish types in the West would seldom    criticize that country. If prodded they would admit that the USSR did    many wrong things, but then they would try to find excuses for the    communists and begin talking about the faults of the West. They always    opposed Western military resistance to communist aggression. Leftish    types all over the world vigorously protested the U.S. military action    in Vietnam, but when the USSR invaded Afghanistan they did nothing.    Not that they approved of the Soviet actions; but because of their    leftist faith, they just couldn't bear to put themselves in opposition    to communism. Today, in those of our universities where "political    correctness" has become dominant, there are probably many leftish    types who privately disapprove of the suppression of academic freedom,    but they go along with it anyway.

   226. Thus the fact that many individual leftists are personally mild    and fairly tolerant people by no means prevents leftism as a whole    form having a totalitarian tendency.

   227. Our discussion of leftism has a serious weakness. It is still far    from clear what we mean by the word "leftist." There doesn't seem to    be Received on Tue Dec 14 2004 - 00:15:50 CST