Re: Hooray. Now: can we move on?

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2004 13:35:21 -0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> >
> >>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4092059.stm
> >

> > Not bad news for oracle professionals.
> > Peoplesoft customers? I guess time will tell.
> >

> I suppose I will be truly happy only when they kill off Peoplesoft
> products altogether (58 indexes per table, anyone??!).
>
> I just hope all those promises to keep Peoplesoft in development were

> just so much hot air.

What Larry said last week at Openworld was that they intend to finish development on the current Peoplesoft development, and then have an upgrade path for both Peoplesoft customers and Oracle Apps customers to whatever the next big thing is. He used some big funny word like "oversupport" to describe how O will handle current P customers.

He also mentioned how great it is to have support centers all over the world. Hmmmmm...

One of the best parts of Openworld was Scott McNeally using a Magic-8 ball as a "management staff advisory tool" to answer questions like what will happen to Peoplesoft.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Tears for Fears covering Mad World wasn't too bad, either.