Re: Which oracle server ?

From: Denis Do <nospam.denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:58:56 GMT

On 2004-12-13, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> Howard used the word *may* and I
> think that is exactly correct RAID 5 may be appropriate or it may not.

Niall, but will it be correct from my side to tell, that in any case (even if usage of RAID5 is apropriate), its writing time wil be *much* slover than same hardware on 0+1?

I think it is correct statement of mine :-), that is probably why alot of people advices against usage of RAID5 as "carrier" for oracle FS. Received on Mon Dec 13 2004 - 00:58:56 CST