Re: Install of 10g on WinXP Sp2

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:44:14 +1100

Lloyd Sheen wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I have created a database but have no concept what you mean it is web
> based dbconsole???

You reported difficulty in running Enterprise Manager. His point is that in 10g, you don't run Enterprise Manager any more as a separate, standalone, Java application. You simply point your browser to the web address he mentioned (and which you got right in your reply), and you will find all the functionality of the old Java-based EM visible instead as a bunch of web pages.

That's the "database console" he was talking about (just as in 9i, it used to be called the "Enterprise Manager console").

Regards
HJR