Re: Install of 10g on WinXP Sp2

From: Dave <x_at_x.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:51:41 GMT

"Lloyd Sheen" <sqlguyremoveallofthis_at_tostopspamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:84SdnUNeJr2ZXyHcRVn-ow_at_rogers.com...
> Thanks,
>
> I have created a database but have no concept what you mean it is web
> based dbconsole???
>
> Assuming that I am using Enterprise Manager on the same workstation as
> the database is running , what link would I use? http://localhost:5500/em
> ??

it depends on how the database was created, if you created it using dbca then chances are it will be there.

Now 9i java oem has gone, it is all web based now (called dbconsole for a standalone machine) and you can try pointing your browser at that url and see if it pops up.

If it doesnt then either the service isnt running (emctl start/stop/status dbconsole - from a dos prompt) or it wasnt installed in the database, you can use dbca to add it I think Received on Sun Dec 12 2004 - 16:51:41 CST