Re: create table initial max ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:17:11 +1100

vertigo wrote:

>>> Hello
>>> I want to create table and assign it all free space from specified
>>> tablespace ?
>>> (as big INITIAL value as possible)
>>>
>>> How can i do it ?
>>

>> Wrong question. The right question is "why on Earth would I ever want
>> to do this?"

> Because it can be done (if it really can be done).
> Can it ?

You know, you can kill yourself by using your sandwich toaster whilst enjoying a glass of strychnine in a full, frothy bath at the same time as trying to use your favourite hairdryer.

Can it be done? Yes. Should it be done, no. Not unless you have a day-pass to the local mental institution.

Use Oracle's extent allocation mechanisms. That's what they are there for.

If this is 'idle curiosity', or an attempt to 'learn' Oracle, then don't be so idle, and learn what's *important* about Oracle, not what you'd never, ever implement in a sensible production environment.

HJR Received on Sat Dec 11 2004 - 14:17:11 CST