Re: OEMAPP gone in 10g ???

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:39:14 GMT

robert wrote:
> Klaus-Dieter Leyhr wrote:
>

>> Nope, oemapp is still there but under the client directory.
>> So you can use web interface and oemapp dbastudio.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Klause

I guess that's technically correct - if you install the client CD.

> thanks
> well, Server & Companion CD do NOT install the "client Directory" and
> the apps do they ?
> I search for file "oemapp" - nothing found.
>
> So now I have to install Oracle CLIENT to get this app ???
>
> Correct me if I am wrong but the resourcers required to run the web oem
> seems lot.

Oracle's documentation for 10g has a few (very few) references to oemapp , so it appears they are actively trying to get us _not_ to use it.

However, if you look at sectio n 4.2.4 of "OracleŽ Database Client Installation Guide 10g Release 1 (10.1.0.2.0) for Windows", you will get some info. Direct link is
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/B10131_02/post_install.htm#sthref188

opinion: For what it provides, I don't find it that serious a drain on resources.

HTH
/Hans Received on Fri Dec 10 2004 - 21:39:14 CST