How do I set ORACLE_SID in windows NT environment

From: <oracleguru_at_lycos.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2004 16:04:33 -0800

Hi,

At my customer's windows 2003 server I installed 10g, 10.1.0.2 database with starter database orcl.

I am basically a UNIX person.

I have familiarized with most of the windows environment.

I want to create a new database named xyz.

I stopped the 2 oracle services for orcl from the windows services.

On UNIX when you create a new database instance you issue

set ORACLE_SID=xyx;export xyz
set ORACLE_HOME=.....; export ORACLE_HOME

then log into sql

sqlplus / as sysdba

startup nomount pfile=.....

etc.

My question is how do I set ORACLE_SID to xyz in the windows environment ? The ORACLE_HOME is already properly set to point to the 10g DB Home.

Would appreciate an answer.

Thanks.

Suresh Received on Fri Dec 10 2004 - 18:04:33 CST