Re: OEMAPP gone in 10g ???

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:45:01 GMT

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:26:12 -0500, robert wrote:

> 10.1.0.3.0/RHEL3
>
> I used to run this oem java app "$ oemapp console" on 9i
>
> But with 10g => "-bash: oemapp: command not found"
>
> I installed 10g with this default option:
> "Use Database Control for Database Management"
>
> So this app is totally replace with the (gasp) web interface ?
>
> thanks

Yes, Oracle has gone modern ... web interface only ;-0

Two choices - use database control (equivalent to the old standalone console) or grid control (roughly equivalent to the old OMS mode of operation).

IMHO, the interface is fairly nice, but feels a bit cluttered until you get used to it. I feel they've made up for the klutziness of a pure HTML interface by adding a lot of useful goodies.

Fair warning though - you really do have to look at the opening 'license ack' page and understand the implications, especially now that Oracle can actually track feature usage! Apparently the page was not written by corporate lawyers - a mere hooman can actually understand it.

/Hans Received on Thu Dec 09 2004 - 19:45:01 CST