Re: move all tables & data into another tablespace

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:59:53 -0600

Reply embedded

On 9 Dec 2004 09:08:42 -0800, sleepee_at_caramail.com (sleepee) wrote:

>hi, i'm a newbie ...
>
>I need someone explain me how to move tables &data from a tablespace to another
>
>my config Oracle 9.i / solaris

Good info. Would that everyone include this important information.

>I have 43 tables includings data in a tablespace TS_AFF_DATA --> owner AFF01
>
>I want to move them into a new Tablespace TS_UNIC --> owner AFF_UNIC

If, by this you mean you want to move tables from tablespace TS_AFF_DATA, said tablespace being owned by AFF01, then you need to work on your understanding of basic concepts. Tablespaces are not "owned".

On the other hand, if you mean you want to move the tables that are owned by AFF01 from tablespace TS_AFF_DATA to tablespace TS_UNIC, and in the proces change ownership of those tables to AFF_UNIC, fair enough. Just be sure you understand that table ownership and choice of tablespace in which to place tables are two separate and unrelated concepts.

>The alter table Move tablespace seems to be a source of error ...

Care to elaborate on what errors or problems you see? I can guess at least some of them, but you need to provide detail rather than depending on others to have working crystal balls.

>the best solutions should be an export / import method ....

Quite possibly . . .

>what are all the step for an export/import good job ....

Go to tahiti.oracle.com. There you will find all of the Oracle docs on-line in both HTML and PDF format, free for the reading. In this case the "Utilities" manual is your friend. You will need an OTN account, but it is free and will be the best 90 second investment in your career you will ever find.