Re: locally managed tablespace - autoallocate

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:03:09 GMT

<premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1102557907.163709.161940_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I am using Oracle9i on HP UNIX 11i. I have a locally managed tablespace
> with auto allocate extent size (instead of uniform size). Which data
> dictionary view will show me what is the size of
> next extent for a table. I know next extent size is determined by an
> internal Oracle algorithm, but where in the data dictionary it is
> shown.
>
> I want to write a script to find whether my datafile has enough space
> for next 2 extents for any table in the tablespace. I have scripts to
> find this in dictionary managed tablespace, but struggling how to
> modify them to LMT with autoallocate option.
>
> Prem

Prem
If it is feasible you can create a big table in a test tablespace and find out the algorithm. Then you can use the number of extents to find the next extent. In my database redhat linux 9204 it is as follows 0-15 extents 64k

16-78            1M
78-                8M

But again we use uniform extents in our prod environments. Thats one disadvantage with autoallocate. Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 21:03:09 CST