Re: Oracle 10g for Linux x86-64bit

From: Eberhard Niendorf <eberhard.niendorf_schrott_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:56:39 +0100

hastenthunder wrote:

> Oracle 10g for x86-64 was released Nov 10th. I'm wondering if anyone here
> have tried it out.
> Just being curious since I'm a fan of the AMD64 CPUs

I did it on Athlon 64/SuSE 9.2 and a new 4 x Opteron-CPU system (loan for tests from HP) with SLES8 SP3. The only very little problem was to find out that the glibc-devel-32bit rpm-package is needed. All is going without any problems up to now. I've done an oracle CPU stress test (orabm). Therefrom our Opteron system is nearly 4 times as fast as the CPUs from a one year old expensive SUN E15k (1,2 GHz CPUs).

Eberhard Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 15:56:39 CST