Exceeded user quota on Index Tablespace

From: Rob Williamson <robw_at_physics.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:04:58 -0500

On a small test Database I started creating my PK and Unique keys using the Index Tablespace instead of the Default tablespace. My quota for the user was set at 1M for Index_TS. The Index_TS tablespace was created at 10M. After only 3 PK and 12 Unique key the 5th PK got the Exceeded quota error. I altered the user to change the quota to 10M.

My question is why did Oracle alocate so much space for each of these Keys. 250K / PK seems like alot. I assume there is a way to use less space. It looks like each key was allocated 32 blocks ( 8k each ). Is there a storage clause that can be used with the CONSTRAINT clause of the Create TAble or in the Create Table? I created these PK not in line so I could use the Index space. Does the same ammount of Space get allocated if I use an Inline unnamed constraint?

Thanks
Rob Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 09:04:58 CST