Re: How to recover datafile from a previous hot backup after the master database had a media crash

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:23:19 GMT

Peter,

What you want to do is called a "Complete Recovery".

Please refer to Chapter 3: "Performing User-Managed Restore Operations" of the Oracle 9.2 "User-Managed Backup and Recovery Guide (A96572-01)".

The procedure is explained there. There is an online version of this manual at http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oracle9i.html

Douglas Hawthorne