Re: OK to revoke privileges from SYS or DBA?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:07:11 +1100

DA Morgan wrote:
> Anurag Varma wrote:
>

>> Oh ok. So you'll create roles with the same exact privs and will feel
>> your db is secure.
>>
>> Excellent!
>>
>> Anurag

> Only if that is actually required. ONLY! So far I've never had to do it.

Please explain what on Earth is the point of dropping CONNECT and RESOURCE if you are now conceding that the DBA role will be retained?

You're allegedly happy to retain a role which possesses 139 system privileges (in 9i Release 2), but not a couple which possess 8 (ditto)?

You don't think, perhaps, that you are being just a teensy, weensy bit illogical in your priorities?

HJR Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 00:07:11 CST