AUTOEXTEND: tempfiles

From: <wagen123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2004 18:38:22 -0800

Created a temporary tablespace (tempfiles) WITHOUT the AUTOEXTEND CLAUSE. How can add the AUTOEXTEND CLAUSE to an existing temporary tablespace with tempfiles?

I don't want to create another temp tablespace and drop the existing tbs....

The error is not reported for regular datafiles.

SQL> alter database datafile '/oracle/admin/TEST/oradata/TESTTEMP02' autoextend on next 10m maxsize 50m;
alter database datafile '/oracle/admin/TEST/oradata/TESTTEMP02' autoextend on next 10m maxsize 50m
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile, or tempfile "/oracle/admin/TEST/oradata/TESTTEMP02"

Thanks much.
wagen Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 20:38:22 CST