Re: OK to revoke privileges from SYS or DBA?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:40:58 +1100

Anurag Varma wrote:

> So you say that you never really drop the DBA role and that it was sloppy writing?
>
> How about the create database example in your site where you specifically advise dropping the DBA role?
>
> Look at the last section in this page: http://www.psoug.org/reference/createdb.html
>
> How about this?:
> http://tinyurl.com/4kjle
>
> where again you recommend dropping dba, connect and resource role .. and then claim that this is what oracle recommends!
>

> Anurag

I think you are being a bit harsh, Anurag. You appear to be expecting a level of consistency, competence, accuracy and precision from Daniel that is entirely justifiable, but rather ambitious in his particular case.

As he writes elsewhere, he drops these roles and re-creates others which contain the same privileges because he doesn't want to run his database   "with the default role names that the entire world knows." Perfectly legitimate, of course... and no doubt, to be consistent, he drops SYS and SYSTEM as users, too, since the entire world certainly knows about them.

It is self-evident that Daniel is somewhat tied up in inconsistent knots   on this entire matter. It is a little cruel of you to draw attention to the fact, don't you think?

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 18:40:58 CST