Transportable Tablespaces and Temp Tables

From: g3000 <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2004 14:15:02 -0800

I am trying to transport all tablespaces that belong to an application.

As far as the Oracle docs state, global temp tables are stored in the data dictionary (system tablespace) then for each users session it is created (on the fly Im assuming, a temp segment for the temp table) in my temp tablespace. (which is what i want and not a problem)

Problem is when I try to create a "self-containted" tablespace set to transport all the tablespaces my schema uses. Oracle has a pointer from the system tablespace pointing to another tablespace that holds the primary key for the temp table. That causes my tablespace set to not be self contained.

Oracle does not allow you to transport the SYSTEM tablespace.

Is there a way I can get around this without having to drop the temp table primary key then execute DDL for my temporary tables and recreate the pk's on tablespace set import?
Thank you in advance for your time
Carlton G Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 16:15:02 CST