Re: lsnrctl on Win2003 Not Picking Up listener.ora file

From: <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2004 13:51:21 -0800

Hello,

Thanks to all those who responded. The Oracle DB/listener user is part of the ORA_DBA group. $ORACLE_HOME/bin is first in the path.

I "solved" this problem by copying the listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and tnsnames to C:\Windows\System32 from %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin. I can now access the databases from the remote clients. Thus, I do not see a need to change any of the *.ora files, though I do not intend to have Oracle access them from that directory indefinately.

I am still not sure why the listener is expecting these files in C:\Windows\System32, and why it writes listener.log to that directory.

I set ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_BASE correctly. Hence, I thought that the listener would expect the *.ora files in %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin.

I also set TNS_ADMIN to %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin (I hardcoded the path instead of putting %ORACLE_HOME%). Also, the variables are set correctly in the registry.

Any information as to why Oracle keeps on expecting the *.ora files in C:\Windows\System32 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant