Re: NLS Database Parameters vs. NLS Instance Parameters

From: qwerty <qwerty_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:09:40 +0100

> What do you mean? sysdate don't use a format, sysdate is a date.
> Maybe you think of display format when you execute something like:
> select sysdate from dual
> In this case, this nls_session_parameters or v$nls_parameter you have
> to search in to know the default output date format.

Some time ago, someone told me that sqlnet (it was version 8) uses plain text to deliver information to the client, infact with a sniffer i was able to read the query executed and their results, in this case, the NLS_INSTANCE... parameters affect the format of such data and it can affect the application (mismatch between client and server configurations) it is correct???

Best regards Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 03:09:40 CST