Re: lsnrctl on Win2003 Not Picking Up listener.ora file

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:16:13 +1100

basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10g Win2003, listener.ora, sqlnet.ora (Which is blank), and
> tnsnames.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin are fine, as they worked for
> a couple of weeks, and the Oracle clients were able to access the
> databases.
>
> Now, some Win 2003 config work was done on the server, and the Oracle
> clients cannot access the databases, although the DBs are up.
> (ORA-12514: Listener cannot resolve SERVICE_NAME in description).

To resolve that error, we need to know what service name the clients were actually requesting a connection to (ie, the contents of their tnsnames.ora) and the services the Listener is actually aware of (ie, a cut and paste of a lsnrctl services command) as well as the listener.ora you think should be being used.

Everything else is just speculation.

That your sqlnet.ora on the server is blank is a little bit of a worry. It should at the least have the names resolution method mentioned.

HJR Received on Mon Dec 06 2004 - 18:16:13 CST