lsnrctl on Win2003 Not Picking Up listener.ora file

From: <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2004 15:22:14 -0800

Hi,

On 10g Win2003, listener.ora, sqlnet.ora (Which is blank), and tnsnames.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin are fine, as they worked for a couple of weeks, and the Oracle clients were able to access the databases.

Now, some Win 2003 config work was done on the server, and the Oracle clients cannot access the databases, although the DBs are up. (ORA-12514: Listener cannot resolve SERVICE_NAME in description).

I executed 'lsrnctl' on the Win 2003 server, and, indeed, the 2 services for the databases were not available. I stopped and started the listener, the service, etc.., but to no avail.

I set ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, and ORACLE_BASE correctly before executing 'lsnrctl', but the latest 'listener.log' file was in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM. Thus, no wonder the correct 'listener.ora' file was not accessed.

However, given that ORACLE_HOME, etc.. were set correctly, should Oracle not have used that listener.ora be resident in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin? Am I missing an environment variable or something else. (The registry has ORACLE_HOM etc..crrectly also so perhaps I did not need to set it on Win2003, but I did so to be sure). Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant Received on Mon Dec 06 2004 - 17:22:14 CST