Re: Insufficient Privileges when creating unique index

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:39:38 +0100

<kpkeller_at_linuxmail.org> a écrit dans le message de news:1102349764.973217.49440_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Here is the SQL I'm using:
>
> create table uniquetb(primary key(prikey), prikey integer, idcol
> integer, desccol varchar(20));
> commit;
> CREATE unique INDEX uppercase_idx ON uniquetb (idcol, UPPER(desccol));
> commit;
>
> Would someone please tell me why I receive an 'Insufficient Privileges'
> error when the 'create unique index' line executes?
>
> I really need to create a composite Uniqueness constraint that
> encompasses two columns.
>
> Thanks.

You need the "query rewrite" privilege to create a fbi (function-based index). Moreover, this index can only be used is configuration parameter QUERY_REWRITE_ENABLED is set to true and QUERY_REWRITE_INTEGRITY parameter to trusted and if you use CBO.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Mon Dec 06 2004 - 11:39:38 CST