Re: How to become a good Oracle DBA

From: Denis Do <nospam.denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:14:02 +1100

On 1 Dec 2004 23:36:59 -0800, <lsllcm_at_netease.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your comments.
>
> I have studied Oracle about 4 years, but I have not a chance to be a
> Oracle DBA. I only pratice Oracle in my computer. I have passed OCP8i.
> I worked as a developer and the db is oracle.
> Now my job is not bad. But I have a wish to be Oracle DBA. So it is
> conflict.

Have you realistically considered your age? :-) I mean does it really make sence to switch from developer to DBA (still support),
when probably it is good idea to think about Team Leader position etc?

BTW, people - what do you think about age limit - is it applicable for DBAs?
I mean if you are 40 and still DBA (Senior, with 15 years experience) - are you still on the market
or is it a sunset? Received on Mon Dec 06 2004 - 00:14:02 CST