Re: OK to revoke privileges from SYS or DBA?

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 03:32:17 GMT

"Tom" <tdwilsonng_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ae755ef4.0412041915.1b30e28e_at_posting.google.com...
> I'm working on a project to secure a database for the government, and
> one of the recommendations from an analysis tool is to remove some
> privileges from SYS or DBA, namely privileges granted with the ADMIN
> option.
>
> Is it safe to change any of the privileges associated with the SYS
> user or DBA role? Is this supported by Oracle?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Send analysis tool back to wherever it came, it is bad software. The recommendation is ill advised, but you do need to change the password for SYS as quickly
after install as you can and make it strong.

I wish the writers of the tool would agree to be accountable for whatever damage was consequential :-).
However, I guess it is the DBA's job to reject the recommendation as stupid, idiotic, and incompetent.
The software is defective to say the least. Received on Sat Dec 04 2004 - 21:32:17 CST