Stream or MV's for data replication

From: Cookie Monster <aaa_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:10:47 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking in to creating a one-way data replication (master --> slave only). I am wondering what people would recommend as to a solution to this. Should I use the easier to manage Materialized Views or the newer Oracle Streams (I'm using 9iR2). Has anyone got any tips on what would be the simpliest approach with minimum maintance (e.g. when someone adds/drops a column to a relicated table).

Thanks!
cookie, Received on Sat Dec 04 2004 - 03:10:47 CST