Re: 2 GB myth

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2004 11:04:10 -0800

wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au (Noons) wrote in message news:<73e20c6c.0412030316.139d918e_at_posting.google.com>...
> joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0412021618.42b75b45_at_posting.google.com>...
>
> > Of course, I'm hp-ux and don't have lsof or glance (easily available,
> > maybe on the next upgrade, next month I hope).
>
> Found this to check the max open files:
>
> <quote>
> > Hmm, this is interesting: on HPUX, man sysconf(2) says that
> > sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX) returns the max number of open files per process
> </quote>

Unfortunately, the rest of the explanation is that it is the maximum number a process can have (in other words, maxfiles is a soft limit). I think I need to know which process has the max number of network attaches.

> > trying to change the obscure part. If I could get rid of the problem
> > by simply upping maxfiles, I'd do it, but I don't think I'm anywhere
> > near that.
>
> so maybe there is some hope with sysconf?
> Sorry, I don't have access to HP boxes anymore.

You are still better than most of us who do :)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Lack of strong identification will wipe out Google: