Re: Share data between Oracle RDBM and Oracle Internet Directory (LDAP)

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2004 06:56:26 -0800

Zixiong WANG <zxwang_at_sysium.com> wrote in message news:<41af6f20$0$26091$636a15ce_at_news.free.fr>...

> Is it possible to store data in tables then query these data both by SQL
> and by LDAP (via Oracle Internet Directory) ?
>
> Oracle Internet Directory (OID) uses Oracle RDBM as data backend, but
> how directory entries are stored as tables ?
>
> Are these tables OID specific and can't be modified or extended ?
>
> Or in the opposite direction : if I'v conventional raltional tables, can
> I query them through OID using LDAP ? and how ?

It's not possible to query Oracle table data using LDAP unless the data is stored by following Oracle's LDAP format, e.g. by using OID tools. How the directory entries are stored can be deduced by looking at tables in the ODS schema, and by tracing SQLs when you run LDAP commands on OS. These tables are OID specific. Modifying them would be equivalent to modifying Oracle data dictionary. Your last question is the same as the first one.

Here's an example of the SQL run by Oracle when I run this OS command: C:\>ldapsearch -p <myOIDport> -h <myserver> -D "cn=orcladmin" -w <mypassword> -b "orclReferenceName=iasdb,cn=IAS Infrastructure Databases,cn=IAS,cn=Products,cn=oraclecontext" "orclresourcename=ODS" orclpasswordattribute

And the SQLs are fairly complex. (I pulled out of v$sql; you can set sql_trace=true to do the same.) They basically select attrval FROM ds_attrstore WHERE entryid IN ( SELECT entryid FROM ct_dn WHERE rdn='orclreferencename=iasdb' AND ... The other SQL is SELECT entryid FROM ct_dn WHERE entryid in ( (SELECT entryid FROM ct_orclResourceName WHERE at1.attrvalue...

If you know LDAP internals in general, it's worth the time and effort to study OID this way.

Yong Huang Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 08:56:26 CST