What Would Cause....

From: Harvey <harveyb_at_NoSpambeliveau.ccHere>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:45:08 GMT

Hi All:

I've encountered this situation twice, and I'm not sure of what the cause is. If anyone has a hint of where to look I'd appreciate it.

The problem - when looking at a database via DBA Studio I go to Storage and then Tablespaces to display the list/utilization. Generally speaking this takes a few seconds to load/display, however, what I'm encountering are significant delays, in the order of up to ten minutes. I've had two databases that were configured identically, with one displaying this behavior and the other working fine. There's nothing remarkable in the alert logs. Any ideas/suggestions?

The environment - Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 8. (The environment for the first encounter of this type was Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Windows 2000).

Thanks!

Harvey Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 07:45:08 CST