Re: Share data between Oracle RDBM and Oracle Internet Directory (LDAP)

From: Zixiong WANG <zxwang_at_sysium.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:22:15 +0100

Mark Bole wrote:
> Zixiong WANG wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to store data in tables then query these data both by
>> SQL and by LDAP (via Oracle Internet Directory) ?
>>
>> Oracle Internet Directory (OID) uses Oracle RDBM as data backend, but
>> how directory entries are stored as tables ?
>>
>> Are these tables OID specific and can't be modified or extended ?
>>
>> Or in the opposite direction : if I'v conventional raltional tables,
>> can I query them through OID using LDAP ? and how ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> zxwang_at_sysium.com

> OID creates its own schemas and you don't want to mess with them
> directly, only through the OID interface and various patches.
>
> I have not worked with this in the context Oracle Application Server,
> but rather an ordinary database. In the latter case, you typically have
> two tasks:
>
> 1) initial population of OID (LDAP) from your local application data.
>
> 2) keeping things in sync.
>
> Item (1) can be accomplished several ways, including standard LDAP tools
> (provided by Oracle or your local operating system) for loading flat
> file data into your directory.
>
> Item (2) can be accomplished via a trigger such as the sample one
> provided by Oracle with your installation. Look for it ldap/demo/plsql
> directory.
>
> -Mark Bole

Thanks for your response.

So we can't share data, but only sync date between OID data and other tables, just as if we were synchronizing a standard LDAP directory (SunOne for exemple) with Oracle, even all data are in the same database ?

zxwang_at_sysium.com Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 04:22:15 CST