Re: Manual database startup on WinXP

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 06:53:05 -0000

Ralf Zwanziger" <goldenXsurfer_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:cop0ir$247$1_at_mail1.sbs.de...
> By the way: what does a stop of the oracle service mean in "oracle
> language"? Is it a "shutdown immediate"?

The default is shutdown immediate, but it can mean one of normal,immediate or abort. When you create or edit the service with oradim there is an option to set the shutdown mode. Transactional didn't make it in there last time I looked. There is also a registry key under HKLM\software\oracle\homename which is named appropriately - oradim just sets this key when changing the shutdown mode.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA