Re: Oracle 9i and Active Directory - SSO

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:05:59 GMT

"Kashish" <kashish_at_rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:5531250b.0412011545.d313ae_at_posting.google.com...
> Can anyone describe what are the options for integrating Oracle 9i
> with MS Active Directory for Single Sign On?
>
> The configuration we have is:
> 1) Win 2K Active Directory.
> 2) a) Oracle 9i Servers on Win 2K.
> b) Oracle 9i Servers on Unix.
>
> What is the difference between Windows Native Authenctication (that
> internally uses Kerberos) and Oracle Advanced Security with Kerberos?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

MS Active Directory is an LDAP.
If you use remote OS authentication and externally authenticated Oracle user IDs (hehe),
then you would not need Oracle Advanced Security. But since most would advise against both items I mentioned above, the answer is Advanced
Security with Kerberos, which I suppose would authenticate via the MS AD, and be more
secure than those two items that can be "spoofed".

Oracle Advanced Security with Kerberos would talk to the MS AD without regard to platform
(Unix or Windows).

As for single signon, if you require just one entry of password, then it is time to read the manuals. Received on Thu Dec 02 2004 - 19:05:59 CST