Re: How to become a good Oracle DBA

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:49:45 -0800

lsllcm_at_netease.com wrote:

> Thanks for your comments.
>
> I have studied Oracle about 4 years, but I have not a chance to be a
> Oracle DBA. I only pratice Oracle in my computer. I have passed OCP8i.
> I worked as a developer and the db is oracle.
> Now my job is not bad. But I have a wish to be Oracle DBA. So it is
> conflict.

I can not imagine any company on my part of the planet hiring you to be a DBA based on what you have written. In this area you would have made a good start ... but would be expected to have at least 5 years as a developer under your belt to be considered.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington