Re: Restore whole from Tape

From: David McGeorge <soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2004 09:35:02 -0800

Thanks Howard for the info. The tape backup is IBM Tivoli TSM platform, I think it does just blind vanilla tape backup. So I agree with you because of all related componenst like ddls , registery, the Oracle binary will not just magically worksright out of batch from tape, so it is better not even restore the Oracle directories as far as I think what you agreed on... please advise

Some questions about 11i though if you are familiar as well. Really appreciate if you can shed some lights:

backup and restore of 11i... what backups exactly I need? only database backup is enough? and what extra cares during restoring process required...let's say for example we want to do a Full OS restore from tapes, does everything going to work or need some extra steps/commands as far as app/db connection concern? Is any full restore script exist somehwere?

where is the app log file? does it have something like alert log?

when we install 11i, does it had HR11i , Financial 11i, Purchase11i, ... or each will be install separately?

AND at the end I feel you a super guy man Howard, I saw you answers millions of questions in this group with so much useful details, god bless YOU! Like to know your background, your own company info and some more info reagrding your bio, personal web site, etc if it is feasible to picture you as a mentor, seriously

BEST Regards
David