Re: 2 GB myth

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:30:29 GMT

Noons wrote:

> joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0411301148.4bfbe198_at_posting.google.com>...
>

>>[Lightbulb dimly flickering above head] Oh yeah, I had forgotten about
>>running into this as O attempted to attach to shared memory on a new
>>system.  How might I find the process with the most network
>>connections?

> Don't really know, trying to find out. Likely some
> obscure option of netstat.

[...]

Not that obscure...from the man page for netstat:

    -p, --program

        Show the PID and name of the program to which each socket belongs.

This is a Linux (BSD) thing, primarily - no need to be root. On Solaris, you need a 3rd party utility such as "lsof" (list open files), netstat doesn't support this option.

-Mark Bole Received on Wed Dec 01 2004 - 11:30:29 CST