Re: Timezones Help Required..Pls

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2004 06:42:52 -0800

In 8i, you can consider using the NEW_TIME function: select new_time(timecolumn,'Z1','Z2') from yourtable. Z1 is the timezone where the database is and Z2 is where the user is. This means you have to rewrite your code, ad hoc or not. Not very convenient.

Setting TZ environment variable only affects the time returned by SYSDATE in a local database connection, i.e. not through Oracle Net. So it doesn't help you.

Yong Huang