Re: NMO not setuid-root (Unix-only)

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 1 Dec 2004 03:41:08 -0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> It's a bit like trying to listen to a Scotsman talk about cricket.
You
> sort of recognise *some* of the words; you roughly know what is being

> talked about; but it might as well be in Martian for all the
> enlightenment it brings!!

:D
You should hear *me* talk about cricket!

'Nyways, I think Jonathan provided an excellent post explaining the meat of the thing and what the dangers are. For any1 interested in details The Cucko's Egg is the classical text on hacking and highly recommended reading.
After that there are a host of other sites to explore. It's amazing the amount of traps a stack architecture CPU can produce!

And the original *nix classical texts are always worth a look, still mostly actual after all these years: http://wolfram.schneider.org/bsd/7thEdManVol2/ and any links from there. Received on Wed Dec 01 2004 - 05:41:08 CST