Re: lingering session causing shutdown immediate to hang

From: Snewber <s_at_s.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:38:33 +1000

After killing a session, I check to see if it has disappeared from v$session. If it is still in v$session then I look for transactions rolling backwards using the following:

Unless the transaction has completed rolling back, the database will hang on shutdown immediate, that is why somepeople do shutdown abort.