Re: Thunderbird

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:18:43 -0000

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:cohaic$lpf$1_at_news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Niall Litchfield wrote:
> [snip!]
>>
>> The culture I had in mind was email replies, especially in Outlook
>> enabled environments ( something like 80% of corporate environments).
>> These invariably top post (and don't cut: and don't edit, and don't
>> spell...~)
>>

> Easy to fix, just like in T'bird, Netscape, Opera, whatever.
> It's in the options menu, somewhere (sorry, I try to keep my
> own machines as MS clean as possible: no Outlook here...)
> It's just the default that is top-posting.

I don't think that it is a bad default *for email*, I also don't think it wrong to imagine that usenet might have a similar set of social conventions as email. I *do* think that it is *as* bad to imagine that social conventions are *rules* as it is to ignore conventions when they are pointed out.

BTW I cannot find anyway to make either OutlookXP or OutlookExpress 6 default to bottom posting. it certainly isn't in the options menu somewhere, at least in the sense of somewhere accessible.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA